Turn Signal switching question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Signal switching question

When I want to to turn right, the only way I can get the right turn signal to flash is by briefly moving the turn signal switch to the left side then immediately moving it to the right side.

This does not happen all the time - for example the problem occurs after I start moving and have already turned right. If I have just turned left it's OK.

I have cleaned the switch and all the contacts are in good shape. Any ideas?

Ian

What year/model? Does it have the self-cancelling box? If so, the box could be failing.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
      What year/model? Does it have the self-cancelling box? If so, the box could be failing.
      Sorry - should have mentioned that it is a '79 GS1000S with the self cancelling box.

Comment

Hi Mr. ianralf,

I think could be either the turn signal relay or the switch. There should be a test procedure in the manual for the relay. Have you tried to clean the switch? The stock relay with the auto-cancel isn't outrageously expensive and should be available from any of our usual OEM vendors. I replaced my stock unit with an off-the-shelf relay from my local auto parts store. CLICK HERE to read about it.

Thank you for your induglence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X