Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbtune Hoses

Hey guys,

My bike is running! I synced it up yesterday but right when I was done, the hose landed on the exhaust and melted it. I checked carbtune.com but they want 6 pounds to get a whole new set of hoses. Does anyone know where I can get it that hose in the states? I checked McMaster.com, but nothing there. Thanks.

i wouldn't see why you couldn't take it to a powersports place (i have shadetree near by www.shadetreepowersports.com) and get some of the rubberized fuel line that is about the same size, not sure if it would collapse though.

maybe a hardware store has some vacuum hose?

Comment

just looked on ebay, tons of vacuum line on there, not sure what size carbtune's vacuum line is, but here is what i found:

also auto parts stores should carry vacuum line

Comment

Take your carbtune into the auto parts store and tell them you need to match up the hose, they should be able to hook ya up no problem. They have lots of spools of vacuum hoses(at least the autozone near me does)

Comment

Someone told me to go to an Aquarium store and get the hose for the air pumps. This was for a Motion Pro, should be the same size hose though. I couldn't find it anywhere else and this advice was after I got rid of the Mercury sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT View Post
            Someone told me to go to an Aquarium store and get the hose for the air pumps. This was for a Motion Pro, should be the same size hose though. I couldn't find it anywhere else and this advice was after I got rid of the Mercury sticks.
            That's right!
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Bribird View Post
              Take your carbtune into the auto parts store and tell them you need to match up the hose, they should be able to hook ya up no problem. They have lots of spools of vacuum hoses(at least the autozone near me does)
              Bribird's right. Every auto parts store, and many garages stock spools of vacuum hose. Just match the ID and have them cut to length.

Comment

Working...
              X