Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mr. pontiacstogo,

For you valve cover, it looks like you need th RG-GS3000 part:

That is, if you're interested in the Real Gasket at all. I'm glad I got one for my bike. Take care that the tach cable gear gets aligned properly upon reassembly.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I love BikeBandit.

So my gasket finally arrives (I ordered some other parts that were backordered and it delayed the whole order).

The packing slip shows gasket part # 11173-49206-H17 but the actual part is 11173-49207-H17. The damn thing doesn't line up with the bolt holes in the cover. I call BikeBandit and they tell me that's a GS1100 gasket cover and that it supercedes the GS1000SZ gasket cover. They tell me it should fit with some modification but I don't see how.

WTF? Anyone else run into this?

Comment

yeah BB sent me a nut once when I ordered a O-ring..... I got my gasket from Z1 enterprise and it was the right one for the kat, i think the kat is the 24 hole gasket, but you need to double check.

How did you clean up the cover? Repaint it? Mine needs a touch up too.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post

The 0-rings you refer to are actually lower down at the head gasket surface, and not under the head bolts.
          Im looking at a Alpha Sports diagram and I dont get where those Orings are ?

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
            Im looking at a Alpha Sports diagram and I dont get where those Orings are ?

http://alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm
            Some head gaskets have integrated O rings, some have separate O rings that you slide down the oil feed bolts after the head gasket goes on.
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
              I love BikeBandit.

So my gasket finally arrives (I ordered some other parts that were backordered and it delayed the whole order).

The packing slip shows gasket part # 11173-49206-H17 but the actual part is 11173-49207-H17. The damn thing doesn't line up with the bolt holes in the cover. I call BikeBandit and they tell me that's a GS1100 gasket cover and that it supercedes the GS1000SZ gasket cover. They tell me it should fit with some modification but I don't see how.

WTF? Anyone else run into this?
              No, but tell them gaskets are made to fit the application at the factory, not to be modified. Especially when the bolt holes don't match up. Just be polite as they're parts guys, not mechanics.

This may be a clue as to why the PO used silicone

That's frustrating.

If they give you guff, just ask for the modification instructions.
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                Just be polite as they're parts guys, not mechanics.
                Bike Bandit agreed to refund me the cost of the gasket. I'd already sprayed both sides with Permatex before I realized it wasn't going to fit so sending it back wasn't an option.

I'm just going to order one from the real gaskets place that was posted earlier in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
                  Bike Bandit agreed to refund me the cost of the gasket. I'd already sprayed both sides with Permatex before I realized it wasn't going to fit so sending it back wasn't an option.

I'm just going to order one from the real gaskets place that was posted earlier in the thread.
                  There's another thread going that has pics of 2 different 16v gaskets
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                  X