520 chain conversion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

520 chain conversion question

I think I'm going to go with a 520 on the GS750ES. I was wondering if anyone (Billy) would know where to get the sprockets, or complete kit for that matter.

Thanks in advance.

JT sprockets recomends a 530 chain.
    http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html...sel_uid=5080&p=

I did not find any listings for a 520 chain anyplace I looked.

GOOGLE is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
      JT sprockets recomends a 530 chain.
      http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html...sel_uid=5080&p=

I did not find any listings for a 520 chain anyplace I looked.

GOOGLE is your friend.
      Yea, it comes stock with a 530, but a 520 will be more than enough and will save some sprung mass. The question I have is who supplies sprockets or, my guess is, are there are some interchangable sprockets from another bike that will work.

I went with a 5/8" offset 520 on the 1100, but don't need the offset on here. I guess I'll do it the ahrd way and use the internet and see what I can find for now.

Comment

OK, I did some research and found that the GS750ES uses the same front and rear sprockets as the 90-95 GSXR750. So, once you know that it's easy to find a conversion kit.

Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out.

We are sorry, but this page cannot be found. If you have any questions or can't find what you are looking for, please contact us .

The problem I have now is to find out how many links the send with this kit. Maybe I need to call them tomorrow.

Comment

Cool, I have to do the same.

Comment

Two more questions.

I was thinking of going to a 14/45 (from the 14/43) ratio for a bit more zip. Does anyone have any comments - too buzzy on the highway?

Second, I think the stock chain length is 110 and both the 520 and 530 have the same pitch, so the link count will be the same. If the link count is indeed 110, should I get something a bit longer for the larger rear sprocket?

Comment

Steve,

I went with Vortex sprockets and they are the best I've ever used. No loose and tight spots like you get with some sprockets. On the rear just use a 520 from a GSXR with the same bolt pattern. The 15/45 combo should be good for a stock bike and I would think you would need two more links. With the GSXR wheels on my bike I went with a 16/42 combo and the gearing ended up real close to what it was with the stock wheels. I'll be using a 17 tooth here pretty soon. On the highway it always seems to need another gear so the 17 should help.

Comment

Great.

Things are coming together now and that's good news. I only have a couple of months to finish her off. No poweder coating on this bike, but everthing will be bead blasted and painted or polished anyway.

The previous owner did me no favors as everthing was corroded. I guess that's just typical on these old girls. If you get one in good condition thank your lucky stars.

Comment

Working...
                X