Stainless screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stainless screws

I want to swap out all the screws in the clutch cover and stator cover with stainless Steel Allan head cap screws. Anyone think that's a bad idea? Aluminum block have an issue down the road with stainless? Thanks for the compliments and input guys.

alot of people do it. im going to be doing mine soon
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Go for it...Home Deopt will get you setup for $10.

Comment

Good idea but make sure you use anti-seize on the threads when you imstall them to eliminate any galvanic corrosion issues from the dissimilar metals. You can get SS bolts with allen heads for the carbs too.

There's a place on e-bay that sells them. I've bought a couple of sets, decent prices & good quality:

'85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Just did all my covers..very simple mod

Comment

Excelent! I did my carbs and that helps a TON for rejetting!! Plus they look so much better then my rusted and stripped Phillips heads!

I didnt figure there would be a problem but with the heat involved with the engine case, i figured i would check. Anti seize is my friend

Thanks guys

Comment

I got all the stainless bolts for my bike from Burk at http://www.westcoastmc.com/store/
              I replaced almost every bolt on the bike with stainless....except those that were speciality bolts.
              He is a super nice guy and has kits set up for most bikes and also sells them by the piece.

Comment

Working...
              X