Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing Intake Boot Screws...What Size to Buy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Intake Boot Screws...What Size to Buy???

So, I'm getting ready to start working on the engine. One of the things I've got are the replacement intake boots.

I'm planning on replacing the screws on the intake boots with some nice hex-head screws.

So, does anyone know what size hex-head screws I should buy when I go to pick them up??

Also, I would like to replace the screws in the carb body with hex-heads. Anyone know those sizes??

Thanks!!

Along with the screws for the boots, you're going to need new o-rings for them, too.
    You can get both of them at a good price from fellow GSR menber Robert Barr by visiting his website: www.cycleorings.com

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Along with the screws for the boots, you're going to need new o-rings for them, too.
      You can get both of them at a good price from fellow GSR menber Robert Barr by visiting his website: www.cycleorings.com

I've already got the o-rings. I just need to know the size of the screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimpdiggity View Post
        I've already got the o-rings. I just need to know the size of the screws.
        Typically it helps to mention what bike you're talking about. I'll guess the thousand: For that, you need M1 screws, 16mm, 1mm thread pitch.

For the carb bodies, not sure. Anyone else?

You can download a printable thread guide from boltdepot.com; not sure if their guide goes down that small.
        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
        __________________________________________________ ______________________
        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I would use allen heads instead, they would fit better. The size for the intake manifolds would be 6mmx1.00 and about 18mm in length. The carb bodies take a smaller size, they are 4 or 5 mm as I remember, just take one out and take it with you when you go to the hardware store.

Comment

Originally posted by progas View Post
            I would use allen heads instead, they would fit better. The size for the intake manifolds would be 6mmx1.00 and about 18mm in length. The carb bodies take a smaller size, they are 4 or 5 mm as I remember, just take one out and take it with you when you go to the hardware store.

Allen heads are what I meant...man, I need to stop posting so late at night!!!

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
            X