Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ride out after winter refit - Wow

Hi Guys

I have to tell you people, as you are the only people who actually know how I feel. Took the bike out for a good run for the first time [ever]. She runs as sweet as a nut, and pulls like a stampede of stallions.

My heartfelt thanks to this great site and all who helped me ID the model, gave advice on maintenence, and for all the great guides on Bike Cliffs website. Gave me the confidence to do it all myself. Here is a list of completed tasks.

Full carb clean, valve clearances, new petcock (on-off-res), Hagon progressive shocks, front & rear caliper overhaul, swinging arm inspect bushes, clean regrease, 4 into 1 replaced with stock 4 into2, new plug caps and plugs, electrical check, new battery, new centre stand, pair of engine decals, oil & filter change.

On the list maybe new bars, bar end mirrors. Next year paint, braided lines, forks.

Started almost before I pressed the button, idles great and runs fantastic, and still only on the bench sync.
    Gat a carbtune and colour plug the other day, so will balance carbs at the weekend.

Anyone interested in some bigger pics, theres a few at the end of the link below.
    sigpic
    Current bikes:
    1982 GSX750EZ, 1989 CBR600F
    Previous bikes:
    More BSA Bantams than you can shake a stick at
    Bultaco 350 Trials, BSA C15
    1971 BSA B25SS Gold Star 250, 1969 BSA A65 Lightning
    1976 HONDA CB750 K6

GRATZ! Always nice to see another bike running instead of being torn apart and junked

Comment

WOW another 750EZ!! An '82 as well. Looks great man!
      So thats what my bike would look like with a right side cover

Comment

That is one sweeeeeeeeeet looking ride !!!!! Enjoy !
        Cheers, Rick

Comment

Very nicely done! Congratulations!

--AL-Nity

Comment

Smells BOM...
            McLoud
            '79 GS850
            `98 GSF1200 Bandit
            sigpic
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment