Starter disconnect switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter disconnect switch?

I'm working off of this wiring diagram but I can't find the "starter disconnect switch" what is it and where is it on the bike? see diagram

If the image is too small, you might have to save to desktop to blow it up.

There is only one switch in the starter circuit and that is the starter button on the right handle bar. When that button is pressed, it energizes the signal wire to the starter relay/solenoid which then closes, and provides a path from Battery positive to the starter motor.

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by syren View Post
      I'm working off of this wiring diagram but I can't find the "starter disconnect switch" what is it and where is it on the bike? see diagram

If the image is too small, you might have to save to desktop to blow it up.
      Kill switch maybe ?

Comment

Actually, Earl, there are two more switches inline with that starter button.

What syren is probably asking about is what most of us call the "clutch safety switch", and there is also the "kill switch", which is more-properly called "emergency stop switch".

Syren, the switch you are looking for is just above the bottom edge, just right of center. Look for the "Generator". Just to the left of that is the "Starter Relay". Above the starter relay you will find the "Starter Disconnect Switch".

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X