Rectifier question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectifier question

The family recently adopted a '71 Honda CB350, and it isn't charging. It has a seperate slicione rectifier I'm trying to test. One of the three leads is open (infinite ohms both directions), the other two test OK. The manual sez if any two leads are bad, it must be replaced. My confusion is, are two working leads enough, or does the manual mean any bad lead requires replacement? The wording is not clear.

Thanks for indulging a Honda question.

Originally posted by flyingace View Post
    The family recently adopted a '71 Honda CB350, and it isn't charging. It has a seperate slicione rectifier I'm trying to test. One of the three leads is open (infinite ohms both directions), the other two test OK. The manual sez if any two leads are bad, it must be replaced. My confusion is, are two working leads enough, or does the manual mean any bad lead requires replacement? The wording is not clear.

Thanks for indulging a Honda question.
    I'm guessing they mean if the reading between any two are bad, replace it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks for replay Tkent - but your wording is exactly the same as the manual. Do you mean if any of the three diodes are bad, replace the rectifier?

Comment

I would think they're saying if any of the measurements are bad you need to replace the entire unit. Every measurement requires two leads.
        Eddie V

Comment

Working...
        X