1982 GS1100 GK Clutch specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS1100 GK Clutch specs

This is a head ache The Clymer book I have which says it is for the 1979 - 84 GS850 -1100 Shaft Drive models does not have any specs for the GS1100GK.

I want to measure the Specs on the Clutch Plates and Springs since the bike is broken down this far. And because the book suggest to do so however it only list Spec for the 850 and 1000. Not for the 1100.

Does anyone know these specs.

My local Suzuki shop has proven useless again and can not help. They told me if I can see raised fibers on the plates and there is not excessive bluing or wear on the metals then I should not be concerned?

I have read on the post that wet clutches do not wear fast.

Or am I being to OCD about this rebuild.

Thank you again for all of your help!!!

Are you having problems or just trying to be proactive?

Since you have it this far apart, you can obviously do the visual check as the dealer suggested, then just install six new (stock) springs and call it 'good'.

No you are not being too OCD on this. I suffer from CDO myself.
    It's a lot like OCD, but it's alphabetized, like it should be.
    .................................................. ..........................................

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Just being proactive. I figured since it is out might as well make sure before I put it back together.

Comment

Originally posted by the1pig View Post

I have read on the post that wet clutches do not wear fast.
        I had an 84 GK. I sold it last summer with 132,500 miles on it, with the original clutch working perfectly. Worry less and ride more.

Comment

Working...
        X