Gs1000s not chargin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1000s not chargin

went out on Gs for first time this year,done about 45miles everything seemed fine till
    tonite when I go to start it battery nearly dead.
    Last yr fitted new electrex regulator,got brand new sealed battery fitted so should not be that.
    new reg is fitted with another earth strap on mounting bolt straight to battery terminal wiring harness is nearly new as well.
    The only thing that hasnt been replaced is the generator so have orderd one.Electrex world
    is it possible ive wired up Regulator wrong,and is possible to wire up Generator wrong i ask.
    Help please.

Front page of the website, "In the Garage" section, stator papers, refer to them and run the tests. Wiring diagram on Basscliff's website.

Comment

Stupid question

My stupid question is.
      Battery neg- earth which colour wire is it.
      I know wot a pill-ck.

Thanks again
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by gshub View Post
        My stupid question is.
        Battery neg- earth which colour wire is it.
        I know wot a pill-ck.

Thanks again
        Steve
        Hi Mr. gshub,

Can you clarify? What component are we talking about?

The "generator", otherwise known as the stator, will have only three yellow wires. These are all output "legs". There is no ground wire.

The regulator, sometimes called the r/r (for rectifier/regulator) can have 5, 6, or 7 wires depending on the part you are using. Ground wires are usually black, but could be green.

The battery should have a big black wire for frame ground and a big red wire that goes to the "hot" terminal of the starter solenoid.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X