X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trip on instrument panel

hi there,

i have a gs 750 (1978) and being a neewbie i wanted to find out the mpg
    but my trip button on the odometer reader seeems to be missing, looking down the hole there is a thread as if something used to screw into it? i don't want to stuff a screwdriver down there really for fear of damaging it,could anyone with a working one advise what there should be there please.thanks

There should be a knob on the left side of the left gauge right? That's missing then? Have you checked Bike Bandit's microfiche online to see if it's still available? What is it you want to accomplish with a screwdriver? You do want to be careful 'cause gauges are hard to come by for this bike.

Comment

This will give you a ball park figure for mpg.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

Can't help with the knob, it's been too long since I owned one of those 750's. You can figure the mpg. just like in the days before the trip meter. Fill tank full. write down odometer reading now. ride bike. When ready for next fill-up, fill bike full again. Subtract first odometer reading from odometer reading now, at fill-up, Reading will be exactly what trip meter would have read if it were working properly. divide gallons it took to fill it up, into the miles riden since last fill-up, that's the exact mpg. Good luck with the knob.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
        X