Fuel Line & Petcock Hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Line & Petcock Hoses

I have a quick Question. Does anyone know if I am supposed to have a hose connecting to the nipple on the backside of the Petcock? There are two places to connect hoses to it. The bottom one is for the Fuel Line, but I can't figure out if I am supposed to have a hose connected to the other one. I see nothing on Bikebandit's schematics for a hose that goes there. I can't even find one in a manual. Any Clues? I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

I'm trying to attach a pic so that you can see what I am referring to. It is to the Right of the Number 8. Thanks.

There are two nipples on a stock petcock, the bigger one is fuel to carbs, the second (smaller) one gets connected to the #2 carb for vacuum. The vacuum opens the petcock when the engine supplies vacuum while running. Your pic is pretty small, cant make out the numbers.

Comment

on my '79 850 the small nipple connects to the #3 carb for vacuum. That's with the VM carbs which was last used in '79. As you may know the '80 and newer switched to CV carbs and i know little to nothing about those.
      1979 GS850G
      2004 SV650N track bike
      2005 TT-R125 pit bike
      LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Hi Mr. Gumbo76,

Check out this page on my website:

Where Do These Hoses Go?

I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Yes, the VM carbs (~79 and earlier) have the vacuum connected to the #3 carb. The CV carbs (~80 and later) have the vacuum connected to the #2 carb.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

#3 carb is the vacuum attachment for sure on VMs

What is attached to the nipple on the inside of your #3 carb?
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
            #3 carb is the vacuum attachment for sure on VMs

What is attached to the nipple on the inside of your #3 carb?
            I'm not sure what is attached to the INSIDE of the #3 carb, but I have Hoses coming off the bottom of Every Carb. So, If I get it wrong what will happen? Anything? Mine is Definitely a Pre-80 Engine, but how do I know if it is a CV or VM carb?

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hi Mr. Gumbo76,

Check out this page on my website:

Where Do These Hoses Go?

I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Yes, the VM carbs (~79 and earlier) have the vacuum connected to the #3 carb. The CV carbs (~80 and later) have the vacuum connected to the #2 carb.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
              Bass, as always your knowledge and Insight has helped out tremendously! I found my manual on your website too. is that a recent addition? I don't remember seeing it there before today... although I haven;t looked at your site in a month or so. Anyway, thank you so much for your help. I certainly appreciate all the help!

-Gumbo

Comment

There is a nipple for a hose on the #3 carb. This is where the smaller petcock line is attached. It points up and is not at the bottom of the carbs. If you don't have a nipple on that carb the carbs are not stock and you need a mechanical petcock.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                X