• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha!

What's wrong with this picture?

Originally posted by atchbo View Post
    What's wrong with this picture?
    That way around you are going to have 5 gears in reverse and need a new header made up!

Comment

I gotta admit, Matchless, I don't get it. As to what's wrong with this picture, do you want a list? I would just call that the Ichabod Crane GS 750!
      1979 GS 1000

Comment

Unless you think this will make adjusting the cam chain tension easier...

...you have the cylinder block on backwards!

Comment

You're 1/2 right. At least the crankcase is going in the right direction.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by jknappsax View Post
            I gotta admit, Matchless, I don't get it. As to what's wrong with this picture, do you want a list? I would just call that the Ichabod Crane GS 750!
            You want to tell me that an engine with the cylinders the wrong way around will not run backwards!! I better have a closer look at the manual!

Comment

Reversing the cylinders will not make it run backward. the electric and kick starter will still turn the crank in the same direction as before. you will just have to pay attention to cam riming to get it to run correctly. I helpeda friend set up reverse head EX500 some years ago.

By the way with a 2 stroke you can run the engine in either rotation direction without any mechanical changes. I've seen 2 stroke MX bikes kick back and start running the wrong way. also some old boat motors with DC starter generators start in the reverse direction instead of having a gearbox for reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by 76FJ55 View Post
                Reversing the cylinders will not make it run backward. the electric and kick starter will still turn the crank in the same direction as before. you will just have to pay attention to cam riming to get it to run correctly. I helpeda friend set up reverse head EX500 some years ago.

By the way with a 2 stroke you can run the engine in either rotation direction without any mechanical changes. I've seen 2 stroke MX bikes kick back and start running the wrong way. also some old boat motors with DC starter generators start in the reverse direction instead of having a gearbox for reverse.
                I would really hate to pull away hard on the GS while in reverse!

Folks I was just pulling the posters leg a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
                  Folks I was just pulling the posters leg a bit!
                  admit it, matchless! you were dead serious in what you said!
                  GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
                    admit it, matchless! you were dead serious in what you said!
                    How do I get out of this...? I was hoping you guys were out riding, watching cricket or rugby and not reading the forum!!! Now everyone knows!

Comment

C'mon guys, quit being stuffed shirts!
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                        C'mon guys, quit being stuffed shirts!
                        psyguy,
                        That slang of his may have a different meaning to us who think we speak the queens English as she is spoke. Maybe he means we are point 3 old boy heh?

n. person who is perceived as useless, stupid, or given more credit than he/she deserves -- usually a person in higher income or social prominence. See also, blowhard. Entymology/usage: To call someone a "stuffed shirt" is of course, derogetory. The shirt is given more credit than the person wearing (or stuffing) it by the person wielding this insult. It is used widely in describing politicians or a loud-mouthed employer.

psyguy and Bill, I am off to bed now and keep well that side!

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
                          psyguy,
                          That slang of his may have a different meaning to us who think we speak the queens English as she is spoke. Maybe he means we are point 3 old boy heh?

n. person who is perceived as useless, stupid, or given more credit than he/she deserves -- usually a person in higher income or social prominence. See also, blowhard. Entymology/usage: To call someone a "stuffed shirt" is of course, derogetory. The shirt is given more credit than the person wearing (or stuffing) it by the person wielding this insult. It is used widely in describing politicians or a loud-mouthed employer.

psyguy and Bill, I am off to bed now and keep well that side!
                          It certainly wasn't meant towards you.
                          I meant "uptight or too serious" when I stated "stuffed shirts"
                          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                            It certainly wasn't meant towards you.
                            I meant "uptight or too serious" when I stated "stuffed shirts"

Bill,
                            Aha #4 then, well you are definitely off the hook with that one then!!

A little humour once in a while is good for the system they say.
                            Keep well and ride safely!

Comment

Working...
                            X