Paint them please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Are the pinstripes painted or tape? (nice work)
    They are painted on under the clear coat.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
      When I get around to painting I plan on doing a booth framed with PVC pipe and covered in plastic. I'll have filtered air coming in using an A/C filter. A box fan will pull air out through an A/C and a charcoal filter placed before the fan.
      That's similar to what I'm planning minus the charcoal filter. My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away so there's no need for it. I've only moved up here in the last 2 years and don't have everything in place yet. So, I'm curious what others use or plan on using.

BTW, it's in the 30's today and my plastics should be getting here from Reproducion Decals soon. I'll only be doing a single color paint job as my skills are questionable.

I can't say enough how much I admire the paint job in this thread. WOW!

Comment

2x4 paint booth

My 2x4 paint booth. I hung some 48" florescent lights and a small window fan and covered the think in thick plastic. The plastic lasted about 6 months in the SB sun.

I kept a temp guage in the booth as once it hit 12:00 noon the temp would rise pretty quick.

The booth is right under a tree and no issues with leaves. The main problem is to wipe down the tops of the lights.By the time I got to my clear coats, dried paint mist (crap) was falling from the top of the light

At least for me, this greatly extended my ability to work at night. It would have taken me a whole lot more time if I could not spray at 9:00 pm during the week.
        Pos

Comment

Working...
        X