No announcement yet.

Frame Differences.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try calling the main office in your state. I'm fighting the same war on the western front. I've never had so much trouble registering an old pile of junk in my life. Went down and paid the back fees for it being out of date supplied them with a bill of sale and was told it had to be reviewed. Review board sent me a letter telling me I needed to contact the original owner and have them sign a release of liability then have them fill out a bill of sale to the guy I got it from. In order to contact them I needed to send a certified letter and wait for a reply. If I recieved no reply I was to send the returned letter unopened or a reciept for the letter to the DMV. Now they will not repeat will not give me the last known address of the orig owner, so I'm screwed. Then I need to obtain a bond for the value of the bike and get a new vin plate from chp. Thought I was done and sunk at this point. Called the main office and was told all but the vin plate was unnecessary. Seems even the review board don't know their job either. All the bond and other hoopla apply to vehicles over two grand in value. She even called me back five minutes laternto have me fax the letter to her so she could sort it out for me. I guess what I'm saying is to cut out the middle man and go to the source. If the main office won't help I'd get with hammered and see if you could sell it to him and buy it back with a title.

Comment

And of course theres dozens of titling companies in VA. Not knowing where youre stationed (assuming Belvoir) if you are these are the top listing in a quick Google

Id be willing to help, but as I told another member, the bike needs to be here in person for a visual inspection to assure the the VINs match on the paperwork and bike

Comment

Working...
      X