Thank you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

After months of work, the 1979 GS850 has finally hit the road running. I honestly could not have done it without your support. The mystery problem I was having with fuel starvation was easily fixed by opening up the float chamber vent tubes which had been blocked off. I had not considered checking this until someone suggested it. I have made this bike into something of my own, and plan to ride it for a long time. It is the smoothest running machine I have ever owned. Thanks to All! Now I can get off the tech site and move over to other more less frustrating discussions!

Originally posted by driftcreek850 View Post
    Thanks to All! Now I can get off the tech site and move over to other more less frustrating discussions!
    Oh, no you don't.

This is a give-and-take forum. You have TAKEN, now it's your turn to GIVE.

Stick around, you can learn more about what to look for on your bike and how to handle it when it happens.
    You might also be able to help someone else based on your experiences.

By the way, thanks for posting the resolution to your problem. That can help others already.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You bet I will. I have been working on bikes for 20+ years and will be happy to lend a hand.

Comment

Congratulations. Do you have some completed pics ? I saw the ones in your album. I agree, I think those black pipes look good !! Wondering how the green seat seat looks with the rest of the bike....
        Larry D
        1980 GS450S
        1981 GS450S
        2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
        X