81 gs650 pilot air jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs650 pilot air jet

Hello there, I am getting ready to rebuild the carbs on my bike, and trying to get everything in order. So far I have ordered the carb kits, o rings, and intake o rings. Last time I had the carbs off, I noticed that they had been molested by someone previously. The air jets on the intake sides are all scared and chipped. It seems like this condition could effect performance. I asked my local if they had (or could get) these jets, and they said, "discontinued."
    Does anyone know of an alternative? Why would these be discontinued? Doesn't make since.

Cheers!

Try here

They sell all kinds of mikuni jets.

Comment

The specs show the size to be a 160. I see a 160 in the jets are us site, but it is a keihin main jet. Will this work? The jets in my carbs say 55. Could a 55 be a 160 for a pilot air jet? I'm confused.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Are you looking for main jets or pilot jets??

Mains are 110,115..etc

Pilots are 42.5, 45, 47..etc

Comment

Here is the direct link

www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_mikuni_BS_series.htm
          Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2009, 12:56 AM.

Comment

The jet I'm looking for is the pilot air jet. From the manual specs it shows it to be a 160. It is the jet you see when you look in to the intake side of the carb. Item 14 in the blown up image. I would post the picture but don't have the skills.

Comment

flatoutmotorcycles.com has 'em

Part # 09493-32002

$6.52 each.

You should verify these are the correct ones that you want. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you very much. Hopefully that is the last bit I will need for the rebuild project.

Comment

Working...
                X