fibreglass moulds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
    Yes it will. Sand the plastic first with some rough sandpaper. I'd use at least 80 grit (or even coarser) so it's nice and rough. The resin will bite into the roughened plastic very well. The solvent in the resin will actually react slightly with the plastic too and give extra strength to the bond.
    cheers zooks, i think that may be the answer. sounds easier than making a whole new mould. plus, all that glassing and gel coating in the kitchen may get the wife a bit narked! she dont mind a little bit!
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

No prob

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
        any one on here made a mould from a standard piece of bodywork, ie. fender or side panel and then made their own fibreglass replicas?

if so how hard is it and what is involved?
        I have ! it is super easy!!! just messy and a minor health threat. cover paRT IN ALUMINUM FOIL OR WAX PAPER! AND MIX THE JUNK cover it up stack 3 or 4 layers- let it dry .

clean up the edges after dry and hard - there is your mold- paint inside with gel coat and start manufacturing. 2 layers is a bit thin 4 is getting thick. matte or woven does not really matter. gel coat not necessary but professional looking.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
        X