please help carb leaking fuel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help carb leaking fuel ?

Hi i started up my gs850gg the other day and noticed it a petrol leak, when i looked closer i realised it was coming out of one of the carb vents. So i removed the airbox and noticed it is also coming out of one of the holes on the carb, i have used a pic from the carb rebuild guide to show which ones i mean highlighted with the red arrows. Please can someone tell me whats causing this and the best way to fix it, thanks in advance Dave

please see pic

You have a stuck or worn out float valve, or a chunk of something blocking the valve open.
    It just can't slow down the flow of fuel, the float bowls get too full and it comes out.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The best way to fix it is to use that carb cleaning guide and clean/dip and rebuild them with new o-rings.
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

so it looks like its carbs off tomorrow then

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. madtriker,

Enjoy your carb rebuild. It's one of those "rites of passage" when owning a classic GS motorcycle. Let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Similar problem

I just rebuilt my carbs for the first time and had gas leaking everywhere as well. I then realized that I put the needle / float pin in upside down on all four carbs. Bummer. The bike did start and run, and once running, less gas was pouring out. That said, I still need to remove and fix.

Comment

Working...
            X