Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Oil Stabilizer, doest it help or does it hurt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas Oil Stabilizer, doest it help or does it hurt?

As the title says "Lucas Oil Stabilizer, doest it help or does it hurt?". What do you think? I use it in both my motorcycles, 10%, but I don't know if it helps or hurts. Let's see if we can clear up this dilemma.

Snake oil.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Actually, *I* wouldnt DARE put that crap in my bike motor. Maybe a car or truck, but not our bikes. If youve ever seen their little display in Autozone, it looks all neat and makes it look as if it coats better, which it may, but next time you play with it, spin it SUPER fast. That stuff foams up like dishwashing liquid, and that would play havoc on our clutch systems.

Comment

Turns 10w-40 into 10w-50. Waist of money unless somebody gives you a pile of sae 20 weight for free and if you add the right amount of the stuff it would useable. Polymeric thickener (liquid plastic). Dan
        Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Is this made by the same people that are famous for British electrical systems?

Lucas, otherwise known as The Prince of Darkness.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

It can't really be the same Lucas, could they possibly still be in business?
            They did make a hell of a lot of darkness.
            My MG had a lot of it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Thanks for th laugh with that one. Much of it is true....too true, perhaps.

That said, when I owned British cars (MG, Morris, A-H, Jaguar, Austin, Riley) I learned to oil the cables, improve connections (not dissimilar to what most of us to with GS bikes) and, most importantly, change the plug wires, coils and switch to Ford points.

People constantly talked about how poor those cars were whenever it was cold or rainy, but mine had no start problems wet or cold, (even at -40) and you could open a water hose on my running engine anytime.

Curiously, I never had a single problems with the lighting. The only car I ever had serious headlight problems with was aToyota Celica.

Neither the dealer nor myself could figure out why it would cut out, but after the lights went out while I was on a curve at 50mph and went into the ditch, (and fortunately drove back up onto the road again) it was time for another car.
              Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

Neither the dealer nor myself could figure out why it would cut out, but after the lights went out while I was on a curve at 50mph and went into the ditch, (and fortunately drove back up onto the road again) it was time for another car.
                Who did you sell that one to?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  Who did you sell that one to?
                  His Mother-In-Law!

Comment

Shoot, I was hoping he sold it to my mother-in-law.... (don't tell her I said that)
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I put that Lucas Oil stuff in my 2002 Saturn SL2 once after a 3000 mile oil change and ONLY 50K on the motor.......within 500 miles the POS starts smoking and I went through a quart of oil per tank of gas for another 10,000 miles before the motor finally went.....chunked a rod through the block and up through the hood while cruising at 75mph down the interstate one day....I still had 5 payments left on that POS Saturn!

DON'T put Lucas Oil Stabilizer in ANYTHING!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X