DYNA S coils&rectifire upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DYNA S coils&rectifire upgrade

HELLO, I have a 1981 550T.W/stage 3DJ. K&N cones, 4TO1 MAC. and coil relay mod. I am installing a new Dyna S along with honda rectifire #SH 538-12 2.6 from 83 goldwing 8 wire.&Coils from 01 FZ1#ND129700-3670. what is the wireing process when hooking up rectifire, w/a dyna s. what do I do with CDI box &wires. also where is the best point for powering the dyna, instruction recomend,tapping the rear brake switch.Is this the best spot. can I use the coil relay instead.Any one done a similar combo? Thanks for taking the time to read. Shawn N.

Hi San!

I am not sure about the CDI connections (as far as it relates to installing your Dyna S). But for powering the Dyna S, any 12v's wire that is switchable works. I just went right into the Orange with white stripe wire that powers my coils. This is also the wire my Coil relay mod is connected to. Worked fine for me.

Good luck!

Rick

Comment

Honda R/R, Coil Mod and Dyna are somewhat unrelated but you will find my solution in the link below.

U loose the igniter with the mod as you should also.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Dnna S honda R/R

Thank You gents for reply's. Posplyar thanks for all the pics&wire grams.Unfortunatly my T has the on off headlight switch.not that its a problem, just useless for safety. Thanks again.Shawn.

Comment

Unfortunatly my T has the on off headlight switch.not that its a problem, just useless for safety. Thanks again.Shawn.
          You still do the same things regadless and you still retain your headlamp switch functionality . Generally it is recommended to hook your 3 stator wires directly to the R/R and not route them to the headlamp switch.

The head lamp switched is a pair of ganged switches so when the headlamp goes out it also switches open the 1 stator leg. The stator leg does not power the headlamp.

So more than likely the wires for the stator (and to the headlamp switch) are identical to what I showed just no loop back in the headlamp as it goes all teh way to the left handlebar switch.

Comment

Working...
          X