electrical mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrical mystery

I have an '83 GS750ES. started bike the other day and discovered the charging system wasn't charging. Ran thru "stator papers" troubleshooting and discovered stator was bad. Got a brand new one and installed it. Bike is still not charging. Also noticed tach is not working and tailight and brake light not working. Neutral light not working also. wtf??!! Everything worked fine last time bike was run. now this........... I noticed that the signal fuse was blown. replaced it and it didn't blow again. I'm thinking wiring problem?? Just thought someone else out there may have encountered this problem or something similiar......... any input would be greatly appreciated......

You say you went thru Stator papeers and found bad stator, and have replaced the stator.

Did you then go back to stator papers and continue from there?

Sometimes certain problems with the R/R then also cause the stator to fail, then have 2 problems.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sounds like a GOOD cleaning of ALL the grounds (ALL) would be the next place to start.

You mention that it is still not charging...how have you verified this?
      Is the battery new and fully charged?

Comment

yes, battery is brand new. with bike running I have attached a meter to the battery. at high rpm battery voltage remains the same(11.9 volts). I started going stator papers again but it started raining and I had to quit..... would a faulty charging system cause the other problems?? I'm going to check grounds also. I added an additional ground to the R/R last year. The R/R had gone on this bike a couple of years ago and I replaced it with a used one. worked fine after that. maybe its gone again........ does anyone know if the instrument cluster uses a common ground??

Comment

Working...
        X