anti-dive brake bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anti-dive brake bleeding

The Suzuki manual states that is you still have a spongy feeling after several brake bleeding attempts it may be necessary to remove the anti-dive modulator and tip it upwards to get rid of any trapped air. If you do that, won't the front forks loose oil through those 2 ports?

Has anyone tried this?

I've rebuilt the master cylinder, both front brakes, the forks, installed braided steel brake lines and it's an '83 GS750ES.

Remove the vertical bolts on the anti-dive and it will separate into 2 pieces without any fluid / oil loss. Then you can lift the upper part to straighten out the brake line.

Either that or use a syringe to bleed the system (I prefer the syringe).
    Current:
    Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
    VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
    And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Originally posted by hillsy View Post
      Remove the vertical bolts on the anti-dive and it will separate into 2 pieces without any fluid / oil loss. Then you can lift the upper part to straighten out the brake line.

I've been using a vacuum bleeder with limited results. Thanks for the info on the vertical bolts. I'll try that and let you know what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by hillsy View Post

I remove the bolts, put the anit-dive vertical, and bled the system twice. It's good to go. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
        X