Still Won't Start, WTF!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had The plug wires correct

Damn I wrote my last post wrong. 1 and 4 coming off the left 2 and 3 coming off the right. So I am still at a loss. Think it may need to go in for professional help, but that would probably mean another year of no riding. NO money no riding. Nemesis stikes again! Anyone live in WI willing to take a peek at this POS?

Comment

Originally posted by WI Smoke View Post
      Damn I wrote my last post wrong. 1 and 4 coming off the left 2 and 3 coming off the right. So I am still at a loss. Think it may need to go in for professional help, but that would probably mean another year of no riding. NO money no riding. Nemesis stikes again! Anyone live in WI willing to take a peek at this POS?
      Try swapping the coil wires so the left fires 2&3 and right fires 1&4.
      Can't hurt
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Wait!!!!!!!!

I thought I had been following these posts pretty well. Questions:
        Has bike ever ran for you?
        Have the valves been adjusted?
        Is there spark at the plugs when they are pulled out and grounded?
        Are plugs new and the right ones?
        What year and model?
        And how about the old blowing into the vent tubes to get it firing(almost seems offensive?
        Are you sure the pilot jets are CLEANED and the small hole or port in the bottom of the fuel bowl clear? Spray carb cleaner in it an you should have a good spray com out on top of the bowl. Wear glasses or point the bowl away from you and don't smoke while doing that! Bmac

Comment

You don't need to take the bike anywhere. You have 100's of professionals that know your bike inside and out at your fingertips. Just keep trouble shooting and you'll get it going.
          1979 GS850G
          2004 SV650N track bike
          2005 TT-R125 pit bike
          LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

the Answers You Seek>>> 1980 GS850G Yes ran, had it for the last 16 years, thought I was to suck on the vent tubes, only thing I can think of is that it is Carb related, ran like crap, rebuilt and bench synched carbs, checked valves, new airbox boots, new intake o rings: NOW NOTHING

Comment

Stupid question but I must ask...Is the gas in your snowblower tank fresh?

Do you have the vaccum hose for the petcock plugged off?

Comment

Yes new gas, what am I to do w/ the extra hose on the carb, when trying it w/ aux. tank?

Comment

The vacuum hose that goes to the petcock must be plugged with a bolt or screw or the #2 cylinder will be extremely lean and likely will not fire.

Comment

Is the idle speed set to high, not allowing the choke to operate properly?

was there fuel in the bowls when you last took the carbs off?

hold a rag over the air snorkel to "enrich" the fuel mixture. will it then fire up and run?
                    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Have you tried bump starting it, full choke, no throttle, neutral to second? I'm living without a starter clutch so I have to bump start on flat ground everyday.

Does your snow blower have a vented gas cap?
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

The fact that it fires up when you put gas directly into the cyclinders elimanates spark, valves,compression as the source of your problems.

Somehow, your carbs are not passing fuel to the cylinders.

Plug the vacuum line and try it again
                        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                        2007 DRz 400S
                        1999 ATK 490ES
                        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                        X