where to buy large quantity gold connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to buy large quantity gold connectors

i wanna change my connectors to gold as my replaced ones get hot/warm still. I want a qty to replace all them. bullet or deans plug or whatever i just want a very low resistance and i dont know what to look for. Thanks guys!!!

I think we have this link here somewhere......

I dont see any gold but maybe Best Buy automotive or Radio Shack.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

typically a bad connection will give you a warm connection (assuming you arent pulling to much of a load threw it)

make sure the wires are stripped and crimped good, even solder them in the connector

Comment

A good, properly fitted connector shouldn't get any hotter than the wire. You don't need gold connectors. Also, keep in mind that in high vibration areas soldered connectors will fail before crimped ones. The military would not allow us to solder connectors in the avionics we delivered to them. So, a good crip should be adequate. Check the current through that wire.

Comment

Originally posted by twiggy2cents View Post
          i wanna change my connectors to gold ...
          Did you know that gold actually has higher resistance than copper or aluminum?

Yep, that's right.

The reason that all the connectors are gold-plated is NOT because of lower resistance, it's because they don't corrode.
          It's the corrosion on the copper and aluminum that increases the resistance.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

oh well deans plugs for r/c cars are supposed to have zero resistance, which i know is not possible. is this because of quality metal(they are gold or some gold alloy) and nice and tight connections?

Comment

is most of the wires in the system 22 to 18 gauge?

Comment

is most of the wires in the system 22 to 18 gauge?
                22 is small too small. Its gotta be at least 18 - 16. Some of the heavy fuse box stuff looks like 10 - 12. Im use to looking at aviation Tefzel wire which has a smaller, tougher diameter insulation.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

are you sure? i thought i put red ones on, they were snugg but they fit. At least i thought i did

Comment

are you sure? i thought i put red ones on, they were snugg but they fit. At least i thought i did
                    Red fits 18 ga without being too snug. Most stuff on the bike will be in the 14-18 ga arena, the starter stuff is possibly in the 12 ga maybe even 10 ga arena--not sure as I haven't really looked closely at it.

Comment

Working...
                    X