A question about older Ninja 250s....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about older Ninja 250s....

Anyone know the seat height on the older, (2001-2003), Ninja 250 models??
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

OK..looks like about 29" from what I can find...

Second question...what is a 2000-2003, low mile, nice shape one worth...

Can't be too much, right?

Comment

Bob,

Short enough for Cathy to handle and she's pretty short. If you're looking to try one on for size, for you or someone else, we have a beautiful 2000 model in our garage. We also have a seat I cut down to help Cathy get better footing on the ground, along with a stock seat.

The EX250 was basically the same bike from 1989-2008 so there are a lot of them out there and parts are readily available. They are frequently used for beginner bikes so lots of them have tip-over damage. There are also a lot of them out there with very little mileage. Craigslist usually has quite a few listed and prices seem to run from $1500-$2500 for clean late models. We paid $2K for a very clean (literally like new) 2002. We could have gotten less clean, but still nice, newer models for not too much money but Cathy loved the Kawasaki Green color and the guy was firm on the price.

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I bought one from a co-worker who was in a money crunch and rode it for a couple of months before reselling.

They are a blast for sure.

Comment

Thanks Joe...

Was looking at one local on ebay....with some issues that I could fix...
          Price is at $610 with 2 days to go...though about trying to steal it cheap, but just found out the reserve is $2300...
          Which is more than I can spend right now and more than I think it is worth...

I may take you up on the offer to try out the Ninja later this summer...
          Amy has short legs....
          I also need to pin down if she really wants to ride solo...
          She has a license, but last time she had a bike, she never rode it.

Comment

Upon further review...no need to jump in on this thing...
            New, (used), ones are showing up on CL daily around here...
            There is a '98 in Maywood asking $1300 needs a clutch...
            So I'm just going to squirrel away a little cash money until we get close to the end of summer sell off season...

Comment

Try one out first, for a 250 they are not as short as you would think. Baught one for the wifeee a few yrs ago, but it was too tall for her. She is 5'6". She did ride it, but it was very awkward for her. Finally found her a Kaw. 600 Eliminator, fits her perfect.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

There's a nice site dedicated to the Ninjettes: ninja250.org. I believe there's a used N250 value calculator there also.

Comment

Found one, a '93...looks OK in pictures...

Seems well cared for, owned by an old guy like myself..
                  One small ding in tank...some scratches...14K miles...
                  Can have it for just over $900...down near Indy...
                  I'll be going down with the trailer on Friday...
                  So we may have bike number five...guess I should tell the wife soon...

I really wanted a yellow or red one, but black will do...(As long as it's not green!)

Comment

Working...
                  X