Need GS1100E carb parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need GS1100E carb parts

I'm in the process of going through the carbs on a GS1100E and have found and ordered all the parts I need with the exception of the pilot air screws. They don't show up in the parts schematics I've found. This is a US bike and the air screws are preset and sealed with plugs for emission reasons. The screw head is stripped and I need to get new ones.

Can anyone help with where to fine these or a part number to look for. Also any suggestions on what setting I should start with on the air screws. Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by jmharrison99 View Post
    I'm in the process of going through the carbs on a GS1100E and have found and ordered all the parts I need with the exception of the pilot air screws. They don't show up in the parts schematics I've found. This is a US bike and the air screws are preset and sealed with plugs for emission reasons. The screw head is stripped and I need to get new ones.

Can anyone help with where to fine these or a part number to look for. Also any suggestions on what setting I should start with on the air screws. Thanks for any help.
    This website is for sale! carbkitscapital.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, carbkitscapital.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

About mid way down the page.
    Don
    Last edited by Guest; 08-10-2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

This link seems to be GS1000 and I need GS1100E. Do they use the same part?? When I change model on this site to GS1100, I do not see an air screw. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, you can use the 1000 screws. Ray.

Comment

Not all carb kits have the screws so double check !!

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
            Yes, you can use the 1000 screws. Ray.
            Ok, maybe you will know Ray. I have found that the CV carbs, no matter the size, but more based on the type of valve train (8v vs 16v) actually have TWO different types of adjustment screws. One has a couple of steps to it, really pointy, the other just one step and a little bit more blunt but I wouldnt call it round tipped. Make a difference?? Can they be interchanged? I havent ever tried it simply because I assumed if they used one particular type, they were meant to have that particular type. Just something to watch out for should they NOT work the same...

Comment

I have what you need.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
              X