gsxr axle and wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr axle and wheel

Hi, I have purchased a 92-750 gsxr front end for my 80 gs1100 16v. I also bought a gsxr wheel that was supposed to fit. The bearings are too big. Is it a simple matter to install bearings that fit or maybe get new spacers. If I can use these parts together, what rotor would I use?

Thanks, Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
    Hi, I have purchased a 92-750 gsxr front end for my 80 gs1100 16v. I also bought a gsxr wheel that was supposed to fit. The bearings are too big. Is it a simple matter to install bearings that fit or maybe get new spacers. If I can use these parts together, what rotor would I use?

Thanks, Paul
    Are you trying to use the GS axle? Im not catching on here maybe.. If you are trying to use the Gixxer wheel with the Gixxer front end and it doesnt match, you simply need to change the bearings. I know they played with axle sizes over the years, but the wheels, for the years most of the guys use, were essentially the same otherwise (aside from the early 18inchers) If you find that you CANT do that, I have a Gixxer front wheel that WILL work, but i think i told you that already.... The gixxer forum might yeild more info on what rotors work with what wheels and such, but I would think you need to use the rotors that match the front end you're using, so that the brake parts all line up. The rotors SHOULD bolt on to any GSXR wheel, 5 bolt pattern i believe.. You could also always buy ProLite rotors to match the front end you have if you find they are hard to come by used..

Comment

I guess If I can just swap out bearings, I will do that. So a rotor 88-95 should fit then, am I right because that is the years this front end was produced?

Paul
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Again, I dont know my GSXR stuff well enough to tell you myself... maybe another member will come along that will know, or you could also try the oldschoolsuzuki forum, or the GSXR forums as well..

Comment

if you go to gixxer.com there is a sticky that lists compatablities for swapping between 1st and 2nd gen Gixxers. Looks under the oiler section. . There are also wheel /axle/ fork charts as well.

As a word of warning, dont assume anything fits unless you check the microfice and you see the same part number or you physical check it yourself. There is an amazing amount of year to year diversity in the Gixxers. The gixxer tables are a good start on what will fit, but it may not completely solve your problems specific to the combinations you plan to use. That is why the easiest thing to do is get a complete bike and transfer as much as you can. There is always some mix and matching of GS and GSXR parts and sometimes custom spacers.
          Last edited by posplayr; 08-19-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X