Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher Bars for 1980 GSX750ET

Hi guys,

I have the above model bike with the lower bars fitted as standard. I have seen my model bike (in both 750E and 1100E)in adds with higher bars similar to G bars - it must have depended which market the bike was meant for or was perhaps an option. The vast majority of new bike adds from the time that I have seen have the higher bars.

I have attached a couple of adds to show the bars I mean.

I am wanting to fit a set of these higher bars to my bike - I'm not old but my body is! Can anyone tell me if these were a bar specific for this model or if they were just G bars or earlier E bars?

I imagine it would be fairly expensive to ship bars from the US? Haven't had a lot of luck finding a set here. If anyone in Oz has G or late 70's E bars they don't need anymore please let me know.

cheers
    Last edited by Guest; 09-19-2009, 07:51 AM.

this is the same model and colour as mine but with the high bars. I think it may belong to a US member here?

Comment

my bike with the low bars

Comment

Don't "Bikemaster" sell bars through the bikeshops there? Very cheap & decent enough. Several different bends including one not too far off stock G.

www.z1enterprises.com can get them & I believe he ships international. The ones I just ordered were $18!
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I have a tall set I would trade for yours.
          PM me please.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Salty Monk - thanks I've looked at those before and the bends are closer to what I have now, then they have something more extreme like an L model which I don't want.

tkent - would like to hang onto my old ones - PM sent.

Comment

Working...
            X