caps on top of forks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caps on top of forks...

guys thankyou for you help about my gsx1100 alloy swing arm,,, whilee i,m playing,,, i,m moving to the front forks which are ,, air over... for my 1980 gs1000E Q,,,, do the caps just unscrew?..and i gather if they do that they have a fine thread?? your advice would be much appreciated... while i,m at it i found the progression springs for my bike thanks to a member giving me the correct p/no... and the price is very good...... so again thankyou very much...... regards david from kaniva australia .....

Mine just pop off. Get you a little screwdriver or something and pop it right up.

Comment

Yes, just unscrew. You can get a spanner on the the bit where the air fitting sticks out. Yes fine thread. Empty Air out first. If on bike support front end.

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        If on bike support front end.

Especially if you have the back tire or the swing arm off. If youre on the center stand block up your bike with wood or a jack on the oil pan. If you pull off those fork caps without support the forks will collapse, It will fall off the center stand, on your toe, tip over, right on a 5 gallon pail of drain oil, and spill oil all over your garage on the hottest day in 100 years. Oh wait.....that was me. I suggest support the front end.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
        X