Air Box that has the filter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Box that has the filter.

Is the Air Box plate you remove for filter replacement suppose to have 3 big holes cut in it?? One in the middle about 6"x1" and one on each side of that one, 4"x1" It was homemade by someone, could it be made wrong?? HONDA you say!!!
    [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E
    Yamaharley Roadstar Silverado.2008sigpic

Huh ???

You have some pictures you can post ?

Or even better......give us some kind of clue what bike you have.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

No holes, they would severely effect the fuel mixture unless it has been jetted correctly for this change. Also the bottom of the airbox should have two air intake holes about 1 1/4 inch diameter, if this is enlarged it will have an effect on mixture as well. The CV carbs are extremely sensitive to intake restriction. Even putting in a K&N filter in the stock box will change things.

You really should post what model you are talking about.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I bought this for 100 bucks.

I bought this in a box all in pieces. It's a Suzuki and a GS1000 but thats all I know. No,E,ET,GT, chain drive 1979 or 1980 close as I can get. 1979 and 1980 E shows this type of air cleaner OEM parts. I'm going to cover those holes and see how she doe's. Thanks for the help
        [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

You can go here and check it out.

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

EDIT:: The lid needs to seal well (after you fix the holes, of course) I fixed mine with some weatherstripping.
          Last edited by Larry D; 10-25-2009, 08:34 PM.
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Holes

I guess thats why It likes to run when I cover the air intake, to much air. Thanks for your help
            [SIGPIC1980 GS1000E

Comment

Working...
            X