1983 gs650g points or electronic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 gs650g points or electronic?

Does this bike have points and if so, where do I find them and what are they supposed to be set at? Also, how do you check timing on a bike, same as a car? If so, wheres the timing marks? Thanks in advance and sorry for the bundle of questions

Electronic ignition.

Located behind the small right hand cover.

Nothing to set.
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

Thanks for the reply, so the timing cant be set? Its either working or it isnt? thanks again

Comment

Timing can be set, but once it's set, it shouldn't move.
        At least not until the bike is wrecked on the right side and wipes everything out.

As brveagle mentioned, the ignition pickup coils and the timing marks live under the round cover on the right end of the crank. You can check the timing the same way you do a car, just clip your trigger wire to either #1 or #4 plug wire and watch the marks in the little window.

Do you not have a manual? Check BassCliff's site to get one.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Ahhh, I knew id seen a manual somewhere. I actually have Basscliffs website bookmarked too. Thanks for the reminder, been awhile since Ive had to do anything. Thank you both for helping

Comment

Working...
          X