No announcement yet.

81-83 750 head and base removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Larry I know you and I did some texting today but I hadn't seen the pics untill now . You and Brian did a very nice job. I would love to help (or get in the way) when you start in on the GK. This Saturday is supposed to be in the upper 40's and I know you wanna. Let me know.

Comment

Maiden voyage

I just got back from the "Maiden voyage" for the new top end.

First, I had to put a little air in the tires and $5.00 of gas. I then went for a 25 mile ride around the west side of Indy. Everything went great !! It wanted to idle around 2,000 rpm so, I adjusted the master idle knob until it settled at about 1100 rpm. I varied the rpm while riding and never took it past 6,000rpm. I got on it pretty good quite a few times and it responded by rocketing me down the road !!!

The best part ?? I've been home about 10 minutes and NO sign of leaks !!! A leaky head gasket was the whole reason for the teardown.

It's about 45 degrees outside and it's a good day !!!!!
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

BIG congrates Larry

And anytime we can ride its a good day.

Comment

Good for you, Larry! Now on to the GK.
          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
          1983 GS 1100 G
          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Great pix Larry D!

Stellar job on documenting your work with great pix! My 82 750E is beginning to leak from base gasket & wee bit from head gasket, too (34k total miles; 10k of that after 14 years of proper storage when I put it on the road again in Aug 2008.)

Will be my 1st GS engine rebuild (lots of experience with GM v-8's and Japanese 2 strokes.) Thanks for your efforts to document your work for the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
            X