Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 katana fork ANTI-DIVE to no Anti dive question

Hi,

I have a 78 gs with a 83 Katana fork with the anti dive feature taken off.
    The seals in the fork are blown and I was wondering If I should just change
    the whole fork taking a non-anti dive gs 1100 and keeping the katana triple tree. The reason for this is that I read that with the anti dive set up taken off the katana fork seals will usualy create blow up like the ones on my bike...

So my two options would be to.

a- rebuilt the actual katana fork and get the rest of the anti dive set up to work.
    b- Change the actual fork legs to a good gs 1100 set and keep the tree from the katana.
    Question is will a katana tree fit a gs1000 fork...

What would you do in the same situation?

" What would you do in the same situation? "

BUY A KAWASAKI

leave it as is mate. there is another thread ongoing regarding the anti dive on the GS's. have a look there for more info
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      " What would you do in the same situation? "

BUY A KAWASAKI

leave it as is mate. there is another thread ongoing regarding the anti dive on the GS's. have a look there for more info

If I am not mistaking you have the same set up on your bike? katana fork on a earlyer bike... how does it work out for you?

when you say leave it as it is, you mean I should repair the leaky seal on the katana fork and wait till it blows again?
      Last edited by Guest; 11-16-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
        If I am not mistaking you have the same set up on your bike? katana fork on a earlyer bike... how does it work out for you?

when you say leave it as it is, you mean I should repair the leaky seal on the katana fork and wait till it blows again?
        my antidive is disconnected, just the standard "valves" there but blocked off. works fine for me
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

have you had that setup for a long time? how many km did you do with the bike? any leaky seals...

I appreciate your help, Thanks you

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
            have you had that setup for a long time? how many km did you do with the bike? any leaky seals...

I appreciate your help, Thanks you
            Why would the seals leak if the anti-dive is disconnected?
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              Why would the seals leak if the anti-dive is disconnected?
              The info I got was for other motorcycles than the gs1100 or katana. but I was reading that when you take off the anti dive feature on motorcycle shocks what hapens is that your fork stays at a firm status.. what they claim is that due to the fact that the suspension is staying stiff it usualy causes seals to blow when the fork is bottomed out. The gs1100 might have a different set up, If my wories arent founded let me know. It will make my life way easyer.

thanks

Comment

i was checking the info on the site and found this link...All you experienced guys are on the tread... sweet mods...

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

Working...
                X