Can you ID the exact model....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you ID the exact model....

Of Marzocchi Shocks these are & where I can get as much Info about em as possible?
    They are very close to Strada's but are more square.
    I really want to use these but I have no idea about rebuilds, air pressure etc etc.

Any help would be much appreciated as the Net is pretty lacking as far as marzocchi is concerned?

They do look like Stradas with a black plate mounted on the reservoir. I've got a set of Stradas in bits if you want me to measure anything - (parts are easy enough to get for them).

No doubt you've already found:

79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Yep, printed that off as it's the only Info I can find so far?

Comment

And if you look at my photo (dry build) Have I got them the wrong way round? As in the remote on the inside rather than the outside as in pic?

I have stripped them right back to their component parts & TBH they are in very good nick.
        Just need to get some parts powder coated, then reassemble time

Comment

You can mount them either way, resevoir front or rear

Resevoir rear makes it harder to remove the rear brake caliper, and thus the rear wheel
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I have some strada's on my 1100

I looked into it before and It's only a few pounds of air. I think like 8 lbs or something like that...

They are different though as mine don't have the fins on them like yours do. They might be a new/older model? The shocks were on my bike when I purchased it so I'm not 100% sure..
            Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Going on the fins/bleed valve/design you'd assume newer, but there's no Info whatsoever out there, but some available for those type Strada's.

Just gotta figure the oil level when I reassemble, new O rings & bump stops & bobsyeruncle

Comment

Working...
              X