No announcement yet.

Dies at idle after warmed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just an off the wall question, but when you took the carbs apart where you sure to match the parts up to the same carbs they came from?

Im not so good with terms but the part that actually stops gas from coming into the carb with the float might be off, the needle part that sets in wears specific to the seat on that carb. If you mixed a few of them up in reassemble it would do what you are saying... but might come out of the overflow first too.

Comment

I was careful to keep all the carb parts for each carb together. I checked the compression after adjusting the valves.

I took the fuel filter off, it's one for lawn mowers, and now it will stay running. Drove it up the street and back it was lacking serious power and would only get up to about 4000 rpm's and was sputtering, but at least it made it. I'm thinking I need to tweak the carbs now and I am also going to get some new NGK plugs just because.

Oh and kudos to whoever came up with the zip tie method for adjusting the valves. I was going to get a tool, but thought I would try the zip tie method. I'm not going to buy a tool now, works great and is easy.

Comment

Working...
      X