:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:(

Well, I ran into a HUGE snag on my situation with my 1983 GS300L D model.
    Ordered the parts last night. According to the web site i went to, everything was in stock, had the add to cart button and everything next to the part number and description. Ordered all the parts i needed, circlips, head gaskets, o rings, and piston rings. Today, i get an email from the site saying that there are discontinued parts in my list. Luckily, i already had one of the items, the lower head gasket. I just wanted an extra... don't know why The other discontinued item in the list, THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE TOO, is the rings... I need .05 oversized rings for the D model GS300L. I think the Z model motorcycle is different becasue the bore limits are not the same between the D and Z model motors. PLEASE... SOMEBODY HAVE THE RINGS THAT I NEED. I went through all the machining and everything. i even looked before the machining was done and i thought i could still get them because the web site still had them for sale. If anybody has .05 oversized rings that they would be willing to sell, just send me a PM with the details or comment on this thread if you know where to get them. The part number is 12140-34240-050

Thanks guys,
    KT

What's the size of your pistons? I'm sure you can find rings.
    Wiseco
    JE
    MTC
    Call some folks but you'll need the size of the pistons.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Your GS300L had 62mm pistons, if it was still stock. Specs are: Bore 62 x Stroke 49.6

So you now need 62.5 mm ring sets. Here is a link to the superseded # (12103-34830-050) at Alpha who list the set available at $95.51

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.
      The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
      GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
      GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
      GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
      http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 49er View Post
        Your GS300L had 62mm pistons, if it was still stock. Specs are: Bore 62 x Stroke 49.6

So you now need 62.5 mm ring sets. Here is a link to the superseded # (12103-34830-050) at Alpha who list the set available at $95.51

http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_p...0GS300L/12.htm
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

As I told you before the pistons in the 300cc motor are the same as the GS650 and the rings of course are the same too. Try Z1 Enterprizes, that's where I got my rings from.

Comment

So these are the .05 oversized ones then? The cans got honed out on my engine. They will work? Not standard size or 1.0 or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten Tooth View Post
              So these are the .05 oversized ones then? The cans got honed out on my engine. They will work? Not standard size or 1.0 or anything?
              You need to measure up your bores to make sure what piston size you have. I thought you had bought 0.5 OS pistons and had bored the engine to them. If you're still stock and have honed the bores, you should be fitting up new stock rings. Either way, you must establish what size bores you are working with.
              The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold

Comment

My mechanic said i needed .05 oversized, part number is 12140-34240-050

thats what i need

Comment

I saw the price for the rings too and almost passed out. That makes me just want to say F*** it. I love taht bike though. Want to make it run real bad. I think i can come up with the money. In a pinch, a tight pinch

Comment

My mechanic said i needed .05 oversized, part number is 12140-34240-050

thats what i need
                    They don't make .05 OS rings. They would only be 0.0025" larger than stock.
                    Your mechanic should have said 0.5 mm or 0.020". If he's suggesting that you fit them to baldly worn and honed stock bores, he's wasting your money. They'll never bed down properly because they will be slightly oval.

Comment

Crap, sorry, i meant 0.5 sorry sorry sorry... My mechanic said that i need 0.5 oversized rings. and thanks for all the info already, if anyone has an idea for a place that i could get rings for a 1983 GS300L D model, just let me know. Once again, the part number is 12140-34240-050

Thanks,
                      KT

Comment

Crap, sorry, i meant 0.5 sorry sorry sorry... My mechanic said that i need 0.5 oversized rings. and thanks for all the info already, if anyone has an idea for a place that i could get rings for a 1983 GS300L D model, just let me know. Once again, the part number is 12140-34240-050

Thanks,
                        KT
                        http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_p...0GS300L/12.htm

Comment

Not sure where all you have looked, but here is my list of suppliers.

No, I did not bother to look up your part, I'll leave that fun up to you.

Alpha Sports
                          Babbittsonline
                          Bike Bandit
                          Carolina Cycle
                          Cycle Parts Nation
                          CYCLE-RE-CYCLE
                          Full throttle
                          Motogrid
                          MR Cycles
                          PartShark
                          Partsnmore
                          Ron Ayers
                          Z1 Enterprises

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                          X