Question for Vetter saddlebag owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Vetter saddlebag owners

A thought crossed my mind this morning and I'd like to know if my idea is feasible. If you have a Vetter saddlebag you may be able to satisfy my curiosity. Here it is: Is it possible/feasible to make the saddlebags narrower by removing a section? The reason I ask is: I'd like to mount Vetter saddlebags on my 1100G but only if I can modify them so they don't stick out as far. I know reducing the size = reducing the capacity. I'm willing to accept the reduced capacity in the interest of looks.
    Thanks for you help,
    Willie
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

It would NOT be Practical. I will agree they stick out too far. The top box is big too. it will not fit two helmets. Go figure.. Otherwise look for some Bates bags or samsonite bags

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
      look for some Bates bags or samsonite bags [/FONT]
      Funny you should mention the Samsonite units as I mentioned them to a good buddy of mine earlier today. Practical and relatively slim-line. My only complaint with them is that they look like a pr of suitcases and Id prefer something more stylish.
      Willie
      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

willie i saw some cool but older bates hard bags on craigslist in the metro detroit area ...was around the 18th or 19th of december..If youre interested in looking them up.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X