redline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theo View Post
    I don't know much but I'm not sure if it will work. If you look at this page, you'll see that the tachs have different ratios listed. The honda cbx500 will have the 1:7 ratio, but the suzuki will have the 1:4 ratio. Again, I'm no authority so I can be completely wrong. I hope it works out for you.
    -Theo
    And in this case, you would want to do the math for both ends of the tach. Much the same way that you gear a bike when changing both front and rear sprockets. Either way, you're going to be very close to actual rpms.

Comment

gs 300

i have a 1982 gs-300-l that i bought for my daughter to ride. i just listen to the sound of the motor but i don't think it's good for more than 8000 rpm. i also believe that the 250 turns a lot more rpm...good luck..

Comment

ill just shift around 7k and call it good

Comment

Best part of boring out my 1000G was the additional low end. Stock it wouldn't pull for crap until about 4000, and didn't REALLY start to pull until about 7000. Now I can actually twist the throttle at 2500 or 3000 and it will go pretty well.

Comment

haha my little monster (the 300) pulls pretty hard low end (at least me, a teenager). sounds like a racebike the higher rpm i go

Comment

Working...
            X