popping on deceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newGS300Lowner View Post
    if you adjust the valves, a fairly simple task (even i did it ), it cannot hurt the bike one bit. It makes running and shifting smoother + starting a lot easier (if it was hard to start in the first place).

No harm can come if you do it right. There is a video that is extremely helpful, with a step by step process:

its on a gs 500 closer to modern one, but his valve adjustment process is the exact same on our bikes, and he gets perfect camera angles. This video inspired me to do my valves! you can skip the first couple minutes because that is just him removing his seat and side covers and tank...

Good Luck!!
    Ok its something I will do. Before I start, are their any parts I need to order, ie like gaskets or o-rings or anything? I skimmed through bikecliff's pdf, I get all the measurements first and then order shims right?

Comment

you'll need to order the two gaskets i believe, for the cylinder head cover then the breather cover. also you could get the shim tool to make it easier, but other than that i don't think so.

Also NEVER rotate the crank without all shims in place, and never take out more than two shims at once!

# 2 and # 9 on this page

you might find better pricing at a different vendor
      Last edited by Guest; 12-31-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Why not try the shim club on here? terrylee

Comment

haha ok it seems like the popping may not be that big of a deal which is good
          Careful! The popping *may* indicate a lean condition; you should check this out before relaxing!

Comment

Working...
          X