GS750 colored wiring diagram I made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 colored wiring diagram I made

I'm working on the wiring on my bike and wanted a colored wire diagram so I made one myself. I think I did everything correctly but if you find anything wrong, let me know. I had trouble with the white wire so I made it a sort of cream color. I made a note of this on the bottom of the diagram. Make sure to download it if you want to use it. It will be a much higher resolution if you do. Hope this helps anyone else with an 81 750.
    -Theo

Colored Wiring Diagram
    Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2009, 09:09 AM.

Originally posted by Theo View Post
    I'm working on the wiring on my bike and wanted a colored wire diagram so I made one myself. I think I did everything correctly but if you find anything wrong, let me know. I had trouble with the white wire so I made it a sort of cream color. I made a note of this on the bottom of the diagram. Make sure to download it if you want to use it. It will be a much higher resolution if you do. Hope this helps anyone else with an 81 750.
    -Theo

Colored Wiring Diagram
    Great wiring diagram Theo.

Just one small point. It is extremely difficult to see the cream coloured lines on the diagram. Maybe use another colour and call it white.

Other than that, great job.

Comment

Great job,
      The diagram looks factory fresh now.
      Instead of going cream color on the white, one could run a thin 1 pixel line of grey or black on either side to make the white "pop".
      Once again, great job and thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
        Great wiring diagram Theo.

Just one small point. It is extremely difficult to see the cream coloured lines on the diagram. Maybe use another colour and call it white.

Other than that, great job.
        Originally posted by Macguyver View Post
        Great job,
        The diagram looks factory fresh now.
        Instead of going cream color on the white, one could run a thin 1 pixel line of grey or black on either side to make the white "pop".
        Once again, great job and thanks for sharing!
        You guys are right. It didn't look so bad last night when I was doing it but now I can't see it either. I left the cream color but put a 1 pixel black outline around them. Hope it makes it clearer.

Comment

[QUOTE=Theo;1137461]I'm working on the wiring on my bike and wanted a colored wire diagram so I made one myself.

Well done - looks great! Would you like to tell us how you did it (program/s used, etc.) so maybe we can do our own model like that as well? Thanks!
          1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
            Originally posted by Theo View Post
            I'm working on the wiring on my bike and wanted a colored wire diagram so I made one myself.
            Well done - looks great! Would you like to tell us how you did it (program/s used, etc.) so maybe we can do our own model like that as well? Thanks!

Thanks. I used photoshop to make it. I took the diagram out of the service manual and then used photoshop to trace over the lines with the appropriate colors. It was pretty easy until I got to the dashed lines. That was not fun. Unfortunately photoshop does not have built in capabilities to render dashed lines so you have to do a couple of tricks. If anyone does decide to make one with photoshop, PM me and I'll tell you how I made them.

Comment

Should I stay or should I go? Better yet, DASH!

Here's a fairly simple way to do dashed lines in photoshop.

-make a small (10 pixel x10 pixel or so) new image with a stripe of color going from one corner diagonally across to the kitty-corner. *See attached image

-Select the entire 10x10 image and click on the "edit" menu, and choose "define pattern" (not at home, can't check, but I believe it's under the edit menu)

-Select the line you want to make dashed with the magic wand selection tool with the options set for tolerance as low as it will go to select only the line you want to color. Any extra fragments selected can be unselected quickly using the square selection box while holding the "alt" key to deselect the area outlined by the box.
              -or-
              you can use the straight line lasso tool to select the keypoints around the line you want to use to define it

-Select "edit" from the menu bar, then choose "Fill". When prompted, select "pattern" to use as the fill.

There you go, easy dashed lines in photoshop. The PITA part is selecting the lines.

Was I close?

Comment

Originally posted by Macguyver View Post
                Here's a fairly simple way to do dashed lines in photoshop.

-make a small (10 pixel x10 pixel or so) new image with a stripe of color going from one corner diagonally across to the kitty-corner. *See attached image

-Select the entire 10x10 image and click on the "edit" menu, and choose "define pattern" (not at home, can't check, but I believe it's under the edit menu)

-Select the line you want to make dashed with the magic wand selection tool with the options set for tolerance as low as it will go to select only the line you want to color. Any extra fragments selected can be unselected quickly using the square selection box while holding the "alt" key to deselect the area outlined by the box.
                -or-
                you can use the straight line lasso tool to select the keypoints around the line you want to use to define it

-Select "edit" from the menu bar, then choose "Fill". When prompted, select "pattern" to use as the fill.

There you go, easy dashed lines in photoshop. The PITA part is selecting the lines.

Was I close?
                Yeah I did a couple that way but unless I'm mistaken, I had to keep making a pattern with each different color I wanted to use. The way I did it was I used the pencil with a square shaped brush selected. Then under the brush window, I changed the spacing to like 279% and then traced over each line with whatever color I wanted the strip to be.

You know, now that I'm typing how I did it, I think it would have been much easier to just make the patterns. Oh well. Hindsight's a bitch.

Comment

Nice job on the diagram.

I checked one of the common mistake areas and did not note a problem, and the rest of it seems OK, too.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                  X