1982 gs850gl wiring diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs850gl wiring diagrams

I took the wiring diagram from the gs850 service manual (gs850glz) which is in the worst shape, and unfortunately the one i need, and cleaned it up.

zip package linked below contains the original diagram cleaned up with missing wire colors added to the key + 3 extras

gs850glz minus auto cancel turn signals
    gs850glz minus auto cancel turn signals + hazard lights
    gs850glz minus auto cancel turn signals + hazard lights + daytime running headlight

hopefully it will help someone out, i am working on a complete wiring harness rebuild, but wanted some reference material to work from, so modded the original schematics as a starting point.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qjgntjjoeqo/1982 - gs850gl - wiring diagrams.zip
    Last edited by Guest; 12-31-2009, 07:41 PM.

Hi Mr. trintek,

Nice documentation. If you don't mind, I'll add these to the collection on my site. Great work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

not a problem, least i can do to give back to the community

i will post more as work on the diagram progresses. will also post the replacement harness when i finish designing it.

Comment

Very cool, I have the same bike and was in the process of repairing the old harness, PO hacked it up good, some burnt connectors under the coils ect, ect. But I found a (looks to be) unmolested one on E-Bay for $30.00, should have it in a few days, hopefully it will require a bit less work. Your diagrams will come in handy, thanks for the effort.

Comment

np, glad i could help the harness on mine is probably one of the worst i have seen so far, amazingly enough, the auto cancel signals were still wired perfect... figure it's easier to start from scratch and just treat it like one of the sand rail builds.

so far i have found 4 shorts, and there are probably more, one of the coils has burnt plug wires (don't even want to speculate on that one), there's 4-5 feet of extra wiring that is taped to the frame in various areas, and most of the wire hacks are done with wire nuts... i plan on seeing if the wiring between the switches, lights, gauges and connectors is good, if so will probably go with a 22 pin weatherpack bulkhead to everything on the fork, and direct wire everything on the frame.

good luck with yours, an unmolested harness (even a slightly modded one) should save you some serious time and effort.

Comment

Working...
          X