Shipping Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Costs

Can anyone tell me about how much a GS1000 motor weighs? Also anyone got any tips on shipping from the U.S. into Canada. I live in eastern Canada and shipping and duties are killing me. I need to ship a motor from Oregon so I'm thinking its cheaper to ship it in pieces.
    Thanks in Advance.

I would think that shipping it in pieces would add considerably to the overall cost, but I have never tried it.

Many have reported decent rates using Greyhound Bus service, but I don't know if they would accept anything as heavy as an engine.
    Also have not heard any reports of crossing an international border.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Depending on how close you are to the border you can have it shipped close to you but in the US and then go get it. I've had stuff shipped to Buffalo and I drove down from Toronto and it saved me alot in shipping. It also gave me an opportunity to visit Harbor Freight

Comment

Jeez, you should check the Kijiji ads for St. John. Theres a 1975 Suzuki RE5 up for sale for 1500! If I was 20 hours drive closer i'd snap it up!

Comment

Dry freight..

Just call a dry freight outfit such as Yellow, or HVL.. They can give you the best rate, strap it on a pallet deliver it to your local terminal..

Comment

A "little" road trip never hurt anyone just go pick it up

Comment

Working...
            X