suzuki gs 650 speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suzuki gs 650 speedometer

I noticed the last time I rode my 650 when I slowed down to turn in the dirveway i noticed a humming noise. Messed around with it a little and figured out it is coming from the speedometer. Put it up on the center stand and unhooked the cable from the speedometer and spun the wheel and all was quiet. Is there any way to take the speedometer apart and see what is wrong with it or does anyone have any idea what may be wrong with it? I would really like to be able to fix it and keep the original speedometer on it. Thanks in advance

I've placed a couple of drops of triflow oil into where the cable goes into the speedo and it stopped the whinnig I had going on. It's been two years now.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Charlie, how many miles has it been since you stopped the whining in the speedo?
      You took the speedo off, turned it upside down and added drops directly and it worked, is that right?

TIA,

Eric

Comment

What the heck is triflow?
        Did your world get rocked last week Charlie?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X