Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this sound like a good idea?

Comment

Sent u a PM on this thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=152913
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Pm replied. Small update. Checked the plugs. Had 2 new plugs and 2 old plugs. Replaced plugs with the 4 newest plugs i had and am now getting a nice spark across all 4. Im hoping that it will be a bit warmer out tomorrow so i can drag her out of the shed and get some pictures and tinker a bit. Now since i am getting a nice blue spark across all 4 what other reasons would there be for 2 and 3 not firing all the time? Timing being off? Im pretty sure im getting fuel to all 4. The carbs were cleaned and rebuilt by chef. Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by piester View Post
          Pm replied. Small update. Checked the plugs. Had 2 new plugs and 2 old plugs. Replaced plugs with the 4 newest plugs i had and am now getting a nice spark across all 4. Im hoping that it will be a bit warmer out tomorrow so i can drag her out of the shed and get some pictures and tinker a bit. Now since i am getting a nice blue spark across all 4 what other reasons would there be for 2 and 3 not firing all the time? Timing being off? Im pretty sure im getting fuel to all 4. The carbs were cleaned and rebuilt by chef. Ideas?
          Igniter??
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

How would i go about testing that?

Comment

Never mind found out how. Would i be getting a bright blue spark across all 4 if this was bad thow?

Comment

would valve clearances cause it to run this bad?

Comment

Yes
                  Have you done a compression check?
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

thats next on my list, waiting for a compression tester

Comment

Always start with the routine maintenace items, you would be surprised the difference they make. You can set the valve clearances in about an hour or two depending on your wrenching abilities, check the compression later. Plugs go bad that is why they get replaced.

Comment

Yeah. I plan on checking the valve clearences as soon as i get another chance to work on her. I dont have any extra shims thow. Will the shims out of my 850 fit? Im thinking no. And does the 83 750E have 8 valves or 16?

Comment

16 valve

Comment

swap the coil and wires from 1-4 to 2-3 see if the problem follows them.

Comment

Originally posted by piester View Post
                              Yeah. I plan on checking the valve clearences as soon as i get another chance to work on her. I dont have any extra shims thow. Will the shims out of my 850 fit? Im thinking no. And does the 83 750E have 8 valves or 16?
                              The black motor has tappets not shims. All you need is a feeler guage, a 10mm and 6mm wrench.

Comment

I'm a little late on reply but make sure to check the plug wires... (Going to the right cylinder) I removed my coils and put new plug wires on them then hooked them back up (sware i put them back the same) and was doing the same thing... getting good spark on all four BUT and thats a BIG BUTT they and the power wires also have to be hooked up to the correct -/+ // cyl... Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X