Need Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help!!!

Ok, well my bike decided she did not want to cooperate today. I checked for spark on all cyl and all was good, also I put my finger over the plug holes to see if there was compression(enough to move my finger a bit) so I took the carbs off to see if the prob is fuel delivery. I opened each float bowl, and no obstructions. But when I had the carbs upside down I noticed two (#3,and 4) of the four slides were all the way down and would not come up. slides 1 and 2 would pop back up after pressing them down 3 and 4 are staying down.

Is this bad???

Update!!!

Well I opened the top of the carb verified that there are no holes, layed the rubber peice back in its groove, and stretched out the spring. And now they slide correctly. Hopefully it works out.

Comment

Well that didnt work!!!

It started with full choke, after a few minutes of trying, but is only firing on Cyl 1&2 both pipes on 3&4 are cold.

Anyone???

When I first tried to start it today itt did backfire through those carbs(smoke came through) when trying to start.

I'm lost, is it burnt valves??

Comment

Has the bike run well before ? Are the 3 +4 plugs wet ? Have you tried to open up the mixture screw ?

Comment

Check your compressioin. Your finger should get blown off. (Not literally)
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

The bike ran good(aside from needing a jet kit) although start was always hard when cold, so I did use some starter fluid to get her going so I could run it while adjusting the carbs. Then it backfired through those carbs(3&4) with white smoke, and will not fire on those cylinders now. Last night I pulled all plugs(they were clean and dry) checked compression with finger(it blew my finger off, but just enough to let air escape) all cylenders felt similar. I put all mixture screw to 2.5 from lightly seated. And when it started it will only fire on 1&2.

I am gonna get a compression tester tomorrow. And then I will repost with updates. If anyone has anything else please let me know. Thanks Mike

Originally posted by lucabond View Post
            Has the bike run well before ? Are the 3 +4 plugs wet ? Have you tried to open up the mixture screw ?
            Last edited by Guest; 01-23-2010, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Oh boy I am a Dumb A$$

Ya'll go ahead and laugh... There are reasons on why you should work on a bike in day light, or with adiquate light. Last week I decided to trim my sparkplug cables to clean up the connection. And you guessed it I reconnected them inccorectly. I had 3 and 4 backwards. Even though I kept tracing them in the dark I must have been confused some where. Well she is running again and I am happy I didnt screw up the motor. Now all I need is the DJ kit from DK to show up and I will be in buisness. Hurray For all the Dumb mistakes LOL

Comment

Working...
              X