Engine Emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Emblems

Hi, I'm contemplating getting new emblems for the engine side covers. What holds them in place, Thanks Ted

Originally posted by knotzilla View Post
    Hi, I'm contemplating getting new emblems for the engine side covers. What holds them in place, Thanks Ted
    OEM ones have a high heat 3M glue on the back.

Comment

I just put new oem on mine last fall. True it has the 3m adhesive on them. I cleaned my cases and ran the engine for a bit to warm it up then applied. Have to admit I did worry about them coming loose but there staying on just fine.

Comment

Mine are held on with two small socket head cap screws, #10-32 if I remember correctly. Not OEM though...

Comment

Bought some for mine and son's bike and just clean up cover real well, removed all old glue, new ones just has adhesive and stuck right on. Been on for quite some time and no problems. Also had notch which lines up with small arrow on bottom of cover so easy to get on right. And they look great! terrylee.

Comment

I used a high temp adhesive on mine...the OEM ones can be a PITA to get off..just clean the surface with acetone or laquer thinner to be sure you get all the old adhesive off..new ones have the 3M tape.

Comment

The replacements are slightly different than the originals. So unless you want to spend $$ on Ebay

Comment

I ordered mine from bike bandit, cost about 8-9 bucks each and are same size and looks as originals. terrylee.

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
                  I ordered mine from bike bandit, cost about 8-9 bucks each and are same size and looks as originals. terrylee.
                  Got pics?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Rustybronco showed me how to remove them relatively easy. Take a propane torch and heat the cover on the back of the emblem for a minute or so and then take a utility knife and get under the edge and gently go around the emblem and pry it loose..
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Here are some OEM's and the price is right

1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                      Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

for the gs 300, the parts diagrams on the websites show that the left and right emblems are the same part, indicating that they have the same logo on each side.

Is this correct OEM? I understand that the actual emblems arn't OEM, on a complete stock bike are the emblems the same on both sides?

Sorry for the thread jack

Comment

I'll try to get some pics, if I can get some spare time where I'm not working. terrylee

Comment

Working...
                          X