No announcement yet.

Left Side Crankcase Knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure you have a washer on both sides of the starter idler gear !!

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
      Make sure you have a washer on both sides of the starter idler gear !!
      Yep, dropped those bastards often enough to triple check that one. Thank goodness for small telescoping magnets.

Comment

Rotor puller I made consisted of a 14 X 1.5 MM bolt welded to a piece of round stock. Put a piece of pipe or something to act as the slide hammer on the round stock and weld a stop on the end of the round stock to slamm the pipe against. screw it into the hole on the end of the rotor and steady the puller and give it a few slams and it will generally just pop off..cost less that 2 bucks for the bolt..PS..Get a hardened bolt so the threads will hold up!! check online pullers made for your bike and that will tell you the thread and the pitch.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

OUt of curiosity, is your noise more of a knock, or more of a tick? And does it do it just at idle, or does it show up when giving it gas under a load...as in taking off down the road?
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Found that knock on idle was starter clutch.Pull it off and check before all the bolts are broken and are then tough to extract

Comment

Working...
            X