gsxr/bandit pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr/bandit pipes

hi which headders will fit the 83gs 750 again??, theres been a few rumers anyone know for sure, 600 bandit, or 1200? ect...

Originally posted by cyclefvr2 View Post
    hi which headders will fit the 83gs 750 again??, theres been a few rumers anyone know for sure, 600 bandit, or 1200? ect...

do it the easy way

Comment

thanks posplyr, it looks like a great fit on there

Comment

Engines based on the oil-cooled GSXR is what you want. Early 750 is the best fit, though my Duplex came from a last generation oil-cooled 750.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
          Engines based on the oil-cooled GSXR is what you want. Early 750 is the best fit, though my Duplex came from a last generation oil-cooled 750.
          85-87 GSXR 750 Hindle pipe may still be avaliable in closeout. SS 4:2:1 it doesn't get much better than that and less than $300

1985-1987SUZUKI GSXR750LOW (2") 18" or 20" muffler recommended$574.95$299.95

They just added the 1st Gen 1100 pipe as well to the list.

Price is $289 USD plus shipping.

Billy I did not realize they provided the mid pipe all the way to the slip on.
          Last edited by posplayr; 02-21-2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

Billy I did not realize they provided the mid pipe all the way to the slip on.
            Yeah, all you need is your can of choice.

Comment

Quick question: do the Hindle and other 4:2:1 systems require losing the centre stand? Is there one that would let me keep the centre stand?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Quasimodo View Post
                Quick question: do the Hindle and other 4:2:1 systems require losing the centre stand? Is there one that would let me keep the centre stand?

Thanks.
                I'll have to take a look at mine to see. I haven't had a centers stand on my bike in 23 years so it didn't matter to me.

Comment

I put a teapot Katana (88 thru about 98 or so...) 600 header on my 84 Kat 750, which shares motor/frame with the 83 750/85 700. I think a teapot 750 uses the same header.

Bolts right up, clears oil filter cover, clears oil drain plug, fouls centerstand, but looks great. Needs muffler mount fabrication, but so will anything off a GSX-R. I like the dual can look; that will be difficult with a GSX-R....

Cheap and readily available, too!

Comment

Working...
                  X